Submitting through a news organization- an individual enters on behalf of the organization or it can be the shared account for the newsroom. Best option for newsrooms that are paying for reporter entries.
Returning BetterBNC users:
- Go to betterbnc.com and click on the “Contestant Manager” tab.
- Find the “2020 Alaska Press Club Contest” and then your news organization in the drop-down menu. Login using the password you created last year.
- If you do not remember your password, use the “Lost Password” button and BetterBNC will help retrieve your password.
First time BetterBNC users:
- Go to betterbnc.com and click on “Contestant Manager” tab.
- Find the “2020 Alaska Press Club Contest” and then your news organization in the drop-down menu. Login using the password “bnc.”
- Submit entries. (You may delete entries at any time in the “Manage Entries” area.)
- Then you must validate that you have the authority to make entries. To do so, click “OK” to send the validation email. This email will go to the original email address on the account.
- Better BNC will log you out of your account. Click the link Better BNC emails you to validate your account.
- The link will take you back to the Better BNC login page. Login as “Contestant Manager.” Make sure your account information is accurate. Then click “Submit” when finished.
- You can create logins for individuals at your organization. These individuals are called “Authorized Entrants.” Scroll to the bottom of the account information page to decide if you want to allow others to manage the contest at your news organization. Click “Submit” when done. (This is optional.)
- Now go to “My Contest” at the top of the page to begin submitting more entries.
- Go to betterbnc.com and click on “Contestant Login.”
- Select “Contest Manager” or “Authorized Entrant” and find the “2020 Alaska Press Club Contest” and your organization in the drop-down menu..
- Once logged in, click “Submit Entry.”
- Please make sure you have working links and documents available. (The form accepts PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, JPG, GIF and PNG.) IMPORTANT: Please ensure items are not behind a paywall or password protected. If so, please provide username/password info in the comments section for the judges.
- Once reviewed, click “Submit.”
- The final step is paying for entries.
Pay for Entries:
- Navigate to the “Manage Entries” page.
- Click “Calculate Entry Fees” and then follow the instructions on the screen to pay.